Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday "Big Tristan"

Our service project for April was a birthday party for a little guy named..

drum roll please...

Tristan!!

This was sweet little Justice  - she followed me everywhere and I loved her.



The gang got hungry quick so we had pizza


and Holtie, T and my mom came with balloons in hand!


and then we all ate like champs


On the left... that's Raquel...my contact


and this is Kesi

and Noah


and Jordan and Karina


And Trinity... I adore her too ... she's kickin' it with my friend Webby (Kristen) - she has the biggest heart on the planet and I was SO excited when she said she wanted to come with my family.



think she likes Kristen?


B-Ball time

and look at this face.  I think I kissed that sweet Jordan 10 times!


On the left Mrs. Natlie Pipkin (with a resident named Kris) - Natalie is the case worker... she has a heartbreaking job...daily.  She is a believer that relies on her faith (A LOT) to make some VERY hard decisions...daily.



and this... is "Big" Tristan


Nugg tried to dunk like the big boys

and Daddy stepped in so he could

*SMOOCH* - cutie Kayden!


she got one... I didn't... dang it!

This is a TRUE woman of God... she serves all over the world.. she is brilliant, kind, beautiful and an AMAZING friend. I wish I hung out with her more!!


Me and my bud Jordan


and I got a sweet squeeze from Noah!


Holt played B-Ball with the boys - he was a huge hit and I squeezed in for a pic or two


Webby was SUCH a great sport...I kept pulling kids off of her shoulders


and Noah... this kid cracked me up...


he's a future gymnast

and Jennifer (Tristan's Mom) and a friend...Elizabeth


This is their NEW intern LaPortia!! She is only a senior in high school!!! This girl ROCKED.  It was her second day there and she was SO helpful and SO sweet, and I hugged her HARD when I left!!


The birthday cake!  The lady that donated them monthly used to be in finance I believe and decided THIS was her calling.  Um... I think so!  How's this for a cowboy birthday!?


and Tristan ...ready to be sung to!!


Falalalalalala - Happy Biiiiirthdaaaaay to yooooooooooooooou (Check out Karina - she's getting into it!)


we all cheered and celebrated


and laughed... it was sweet and fun


My Mom gave Tristan "Hop" the movie and he was SO excited


and Nugg game "Big" Tristan his first Bible



It was very sweet


but THEN....


the last box....

and the kids yelled WAR HORSE...


but no..no horse, no movie... NEW COWBOY BOOTS!!



T ran around their little playground - and loved it


and Noah...well he showed T his skills and T was in awe (so was I)




And my Mom loved it and had a blast serving with us


and I was SO happy that she didn't have to HEAR about what I did..she was able to experience.

(Noah, Raquel and Mom)


More B-Ball



and Holtie with the boys


they schooled him on the court... it was greatness!


This is sweet little Justice and if I could have stolen her... I would have. She kept saying. I'm Justice, I'm 4, my friend is 4...I'm BIG... are you 4?

I said YES, I am..... (with a zero though)


and Webby... with Tristan.  Great pic.  Great friend.  Great party.


It didn't turn out exactly as I planned... and God humbled me in the experience.  It's not about it being perfect...it's about planting seeds, it's about loving people for no other reason than because you CAN and SHOULD... and about appreciating the little things in life... 

The hug of a child you have just met
The fact that my Mom could BE THERE
That Holt showed some little boys - some men ARE great dads, great friend, great play mates
That kindness comes in the form of trying to fix a ball that went flat
That pizza can bridge an awkward moment of not knowing someone but being able to share a meal
That not worrying about my camera and letting kids take photos of each other would bring THAT smile to their faces
That hugging a little one with BIG tears in her eyes was comforting - that she trusted me because I was there (not because she knew me) and because she BELIEVED I cared (cuz I did)
That watching my three year old give a gift (that he wanted - just because it was a present) to his "Big" brother Tristan... and watching this "Big brother" protect this "Little brother" Tristan because he felt loved.

It was truly amazing, truly a blessing to ME....and I can't wait to go and see those kiddos again.  I loved them - BIG TIME!! 

Thankful.... just flat out... THANKFUL.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that I was here to help celebrate "Big Tristan's" birthday and help with your service project, Julie. You bring joy to my heart and I'm so very proud of you...love you, mom

    ReplyDelete