Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dip in His pool

Today I served in Kid's Church.  Was my last day serving in "Yellow" - that's Tristan's age group.  In two weeks he moves up to Green.  I served in orange... then yellow but I decided that I need a break for a little while.  So I was happy (for me) to take a break and proud (for me) that I actually did what I KNEW was best for me at the time.

Kind a felt like celebrating.  So... when church let out, Nugg asked if he could put his feet in the water (the baptismal at Watermark) like all of the other kids were doing.  I said yes.  (photo below of what it looks like at night...without kiddos)



So, in went the feet... he trudged around with some other kids (including one that was in my class) and then most parents said "let's go" and kids whined and happily hopped out. 

Not mine. He gave me the devilish grin and I knew I was in trouble).  He said he wanted to get all wet.  I giggled and said ok.  We were juuuuust on the corner of the bottom right of the photo. All eyes were on us.

*SPLASH* 

then there was THIS...fully clothed!


Boy oh boy... I got some looks.  Some stares and a few gasps and I LOVED IT.  I didn't give a hoot what anyone thought.  Tristan was having a riot.  He was laughing, "look at ME Mommy", jumping, leaping, telling me what a big boy he was... and the entire thing made me smile.

Yes, I was at church, YES, it was 11am and we still needed to get home and have lunch but YES, we enjoyed EVERY minute and every second and I believe in my heart that Jesus smiles when we simply delight in life!!!

Thanks for letting us use Your pool, we loved it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Jesus loves the children and what better place to delight in their joy than at Church..

    ReplyDelete