Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A tip from Mama

Something I want you to KNOW about women Tristan... our greatest fear is abandonment.  I have been abandoned - majorly abandoned a few times in my life... quite recently actually.  It ripped me at my core and made me fierce and angry.  It also left me confused and scared... just like a little girl.

See, when someone trusts you with their heart, trusts you to protect them, delight in them, cherish them... it's a GIFT.  A huge gift.  This can happen between father-daughter, in dating and certainly in marriage and I suppose even in friendship.  When someone damages that... they damage a woman at their core.

I have been damaged.  Again.  I sometimes wonder how or why I let this happen but then I realize it's only because I let myself love.  And that's ok.  It is no one's job to "fix" anything... it is for me to see, to learn, to grow and to ultimately trust God with.

Men desire respect, women... well, they want to be protected and delighted in. 

Remember my sweet boy, a woman's heart is a gift.  She is not something to be conquered and discarded.  Not your girlfriends, your wife and certainly not your daughter should you have one.

I want you to ask great questions, I want  you to care deeply how you treat others and I want you to seek after God about what He says - not just what I say.   When you make the choice to leave a heart that you have loved... make sure it's for the right reason - because you break something inside that is very, very difficult to mend. So if you leave, leave well..... leave carefully.  Leave respectfully.

Be better than most... Love with caution... but when you love... give it all you've got.  I pray for your future wife a lot.  Seems silly because you are only 3 1/2 but I pray she loves you, trusts you completely and that you protect, fight for her and honor her.  I pray that she loves our family and that you choose what she needs... because she truly NEEDS you to do that.  I pray she loves the Lord, loves what He loves and that you both... while not perfectly... reflect the image of Christ.

I love you and know in my heart you will be a great man, husband and father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment