Monday, July 16, 2012

If I had a choice...

Nugg,

If I had a choice, I would stay at home and raise you.  Days like today are REALLY hard for me because I don't want to be sitting here taking care of two grown men, I want to be home, caring for YOU.  I know that you are well adjusted and happy regardless of it being me... or someone else ... and that really IS what is important but when I talk to my mom about my desire to be home with me - she always reminds me of what a blessing it was to stay home with Aunt Kelly and me.

I miss you every second I'm not with you.  I guess that's part of what makes the time I do have with you SO very special.  I held a baby at lunch today and all I could think of was how quickly it has all gone by... I miss you little, I miss you needing me - well, needing me like that.

This is all normal and part of the process - but it's still not easy.  I'm thankful that you are going to Grace Academy - I really am... but a huge part of me still wishes you were with me.

I love you more than you can imagine.  Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful message to Tristan. He has an amazing mommy and as your mom, I know how hard it is to let go a little bit. He is being raised beautifully by you and Holt and I'm so proud of who he is and how he is learning to be a good and thoughtful little boy who will someday grow up and respect others because of you..Thank you to both of my girls for the way they've raised their sons...I am a very proud grandma !

    ReplyDelete