Friday, July 6, 2012

Family isn't always defined by blood

The Jones' ... well... they ARE family.  We aren't "really" related but we are.  We both chatted last night about how the 4th wasn't the same without them and made a pact that we wouldn't let it happen again.  They are just - well, family... and they seal the deal.

I can sit with Sue and talk for hours... dont' have to try, don't have to think of something to say, I can steal food out of her bag or drink her soda (or beer) and she doesnt' care.  Her kids are my niece and nephew and Tristan is hers... she is Uncle Sue and we love her.


I love her kids, have known them their entire lives and there is something to say for that


they love us back... can you tell?


funny how a good 'ole RoughRiders baseball game brings us together.


SO - I'm thankful... VERY thankful for friends that feel like home. 

They make an "ordinary" day... fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment