Sunday, June 24, 2012

June Service Project started out so well...

Well, June was a crazy month for us and it was Police Officer month so we needed something "easy" if possible BUT it needed to be meaningful because Tristan LOVES Police.



So...after a bit of thought... I called and asked Kathy what I could surprise Kirk with. After explaining that you can't really surprise a Police Officer (duh!) Kath had a great idea... this...


New mug for Uncle Kirk's desk!  She also mentioned a candy jar would go over well!

So, we made him a matching card AND got him a candy jar and filled it with his favorite stuff.

Thankfully, they came over today to see the new house and we told him we needed him to pop over...

he had no idea why and boy was he surprised!!




So T handed him the mug and it... well... T (yes, brilliant I know...)

DROPPED THE MUG.


OOPS

(already placed the new order)

So I was smarter and I handed Kirk his new desk candy jar!!


All in all .. it was a hit and now we get to see Uncle Kirk again when he picks up his new mug!

So we showed them around the house... gave the tour, Kath and I chatted decorating ideas

then we heard "Uh oh Mama, uh oh" and I ran towards the sound and said

"WHERE ARE YOU TRISTAN!?!?!?!?" (insert fear)

and he said "I hiding" (insert minimal fear, and some serious curiosity)

so after the back and forth of why and because...

I found him. 

Behind Holt's chair...  M&Ms. All. Over. The. Floor

AND

a majorly cracked container. *SIGH*


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - there goes Daddy's Father's Day gift and some expensive M&M's


I bet you are thinking - man two in 24 hours.  Oh no... it's actually THREE... yup.

Last night Tristan had this (and I didn't know it)


and he squeezed (what used to be) the little snow globe ball and it exploded. (Jesus DOES LOVE US... because the glass didn't cut him) and he was soaked with water (and glitter of course) Do you see MY band-aid? Well, I cleaned it up... and T slept in our room.

Today I was making his bed and apparently didn't get it all because I rubbed my hand on the comforter (that was no where near him when this happend) and a shard of glass was still present so in the theme of the day... it cut me.  (Oh and earlier... one of the other two cut me - they happened so close together I don't remember what. So the other hand is just as damaged.)

Bummed that it effected our service project but A) we are ok, B) Kirk was still happy and C) I have an idea to make this all end in a chuckle.  You'll see... Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment