Saturday, March 17, 2012

Firemen were our March service project!

This is one of the best kids on the planet and I was excited that he wanted to come and help us with our March service project.


we got festive....

First I have to mention...my husband cooked chili for over FOUR hours and I feel terrible that I didn't get a picture.  It had chicken and pablano peppers in it so it was "green" and it was perfect (and yummy) ...recipe came from Lon... so thank you Daddy for giving SUCH a huge gift to our project!!

Then.. I tried to make a huge shamrock cookie... that's an ENTIRE thing of cookie dough..


prepping for the rainbow


and of course ya gotta have your Lucky Charms



My friend Marsha gave T this balloon


rainbow and a pot of Rolo gold for the firemen...


then the boys had to make the banner....


here it is in all its glory!!


Lane wanted green cupcakes and green frosting so that's what he got!


had to get fed so we had energy to feed others.  Bagels and Lucky Charms... yeah, I know.. I offered that AND eggs. Shocked at what they picked - hahahaha



here is the not so cute cookie that ended up staying home.  OOOPS.


then we were off to deliver


T wanted in on the picture


and the firemen... well - they were nice but they weren't overly engaging.  I think they thought I was crazy.



But T was of course a hit



and so was Lane


and Tristan even got to wear the cool headphones!!




then they let the boys play with the hose


and Uncle Holtie and T paid for it (hahahaha)


then Tristan's turn to hold it


he was liking that thing for sure!!


photo op... that guy was such a sport wearing my hat



and then of course.. his buddy found out and had to take a pic.  He said this will be around to the entire station in 5 minutes... it's gonna be a long day for him.


Poor guy - but I'm thankful he played along!!

Today overall was a great day.  Just slowly planting seeds in my son's life so he can have a heart to serve others.

Perfect weather, perfect day...St. Patrick's Day...in honor of my Grandma. I love you and miss you more than anything Gram.  Can't wait to see you again someday.

Tristan said is your Gwamma in Heaven with Jesus? Is she dressed up?  I said yes... she is.

My Irish Eyes Were Smiling Gram!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment