Sunday, January 13, 2013

Four is two hours away

I just wrote an entire story and it vanished.... sometimes I hate computers. *SIGH*

Anyway, as I was saying... you tested me beyond measure tonight, said mean things to me and hurt my feelings. I in turn was impatient and bratty to you. You told me that "You ruin everything Mommy" and I was. so. SAD!! but then, you came back and said "Mommy I'm sorry I said mean things to you" and my heart swelled 10 sizes.

I am SO blessed to be your mom Tristan. I struggle with how much of your day to day life I have missed but God chose to let ME hear your first words and chose to let your first steps be before my eyes and THOSE are monumental blessings that I will forever be thankful for. I can't believe that 4 years of your life has passed. You are going to be FOUR tomorrow... how did THAT happen?

You are SO my child, you are goofy, funny, wild, competitive, stubborn,competitive, stubborn, did I mention stubborn. I will have my hands full with you little man and I am SO thankful for that.

You love salad
You hate buttons, jeans and zippers
You love Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse and Doc McStuffins
We can't figure out you hair for the life of us
You have grown out of almost ALL of the clothes I bought you for this winter
You love sharks
You love Big Boots toys
And you love kitties and lizards you play soccer you race cars and
You LOVE swords
You are snuggly when you are sick and NOT so snuggly unless you consider wrestling snuggles.

I could go on and on... bit there is no need. YOU TRISTAN HOLT BARBER are my greatest joy.


I love you Nugg, Happy Almost Your Birthday baby, can't wait to see what this next year holds for you!!  Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully, said, my Julie. Tristan is a good little boy with lots of energy who is now testing boundaries. He is very lucky to have you as his mommy, as I am, to have you as my child and Tristan as my grandson. love you both, mom/grandma !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note from Aunt Trisha:

    _________________________________________

    Awwwww, so sweet to wake up and read on Tristan's birthday. So straight from a Mom's swelling heart and said so well. Happy Birthday Tristan! You have the best Mommy and Daddy on the planet and you are the world to them. You also have such a special place in the hearts of your Yankee family. We would love to live closer to you and share in your everyday life, but that is not to be. Your Mom and Dad make a special effort to make sure you know how much we all love you....even from far away. We are SO HAPPY that YOU, Tristan Holt Barber are a part of all of us too. We love you and Happy Birthday!!


    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Aunt Trisha and Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete