Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baylor Homecoming 2012

Friday night we all met up in Waco for Homecoming.  T and his cousins had a blast at the bonfire.
 
Introducing the Baylor OREO
 

then there were fireworks

LOTS of fireworks


and a HUGE bonfire!  It was awesome.  I could feel the heat waaaaaay up front. I was waiting in line.


Tristan and Daddy watching the cheerleaders.... I mean... the presentation



Cheers and anthems and a whole lot of SIC'EM!!!!



Wondering WHAT line I was standing in?  For the ferris wheel!!  Hadley is 10 and she told me she'd never been on one... I had to fix that.



So we stood in line... for over an hour.  They were pooped.  It was almost 11pm, we weren't that close.  So I gave them an option.  Find someone in line that will SWITCH spots... not someone that will let you jump ahead.  I'll pay $20.




after a lot of chatting... and then asking... and explaining... three girls weren't really saying yes or no.  So I walked up and explained that we had to go.  We had to be up very early the next day.  T started to cry/whine... the girls FREAKED and said "ok, ok - we'll switch" and they switched.

then, they refused to take the $20.  GREAT life lesson for the kids. 


YEAH, we can ride!  So we got on and rode and talked about what those girls did for us... and how we can pay it forward.  I hope it works and they will remember... sure worked for me!!


Next morning... we woke VERY early and headed to the parade.


 
Bruiser!!


And sossies!



and lots of cheering and candy... this kid was candied out!!


then we headed over to the kid zone and the kids played in bounce houses... and climbed rock walls.


even the little man climbed... he held on for dear life but still, he climbed!!
 
 
then we had a while to wait for the game.  So - Holt and I napped...
 


our seats were in the 88 degree DIRECT sunlight.  It was a beating.  I was SO hot and did I mention I had jeans and T was in SWEATS... I thought it was a night game and that we would be cold. Holy moly!!  half way through the game, thunder and lightening and potential hail (which I told T was God throwing us ice cubes) so there was a rain delay. We all jumped in the car and headed back to Unkies.

T was EXHAUSTED... it was a very long day - probably a little too much for the little guy so he snoozed a bit when we got back.

After Baylor won (yeah!) we hung out and then Lane and I chatted up life.  Did you know that Facebook is no longer cool?  huh!  Who knew? Now it's Instagram.  I got significantly cooler when he remembered I was on there.... he showed me his girlfriend, his funny pictures and posts and we giggled. We had a really cool moment and he shared a lot with me. he trusts me... it was nice.

 
Then... Holt stuck his foot in my face.
 
Lane saw this picture and said
"Oh man, look at my hair, it looks funny"
 
"I said Lane... I have no neck AND a foot in my face - I have it worse!!"
 

Pretty darn funny.  Good times, good times!!

Thank you for having us (again) Unkie!!  Aunt Sue, we missed you but understand that you needed to be down there with baby Emmy!  Who wouldn't be!?

No comments:

Post a Comment