Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our weekend with the Steiners

Here is sweet Leah...I taught her how to play Angry Birds! 


this shot is from our indoor swimming pool adventure.  Those darn Chicago peeps thought it was warm.  We FROZE!!!!!!!

Saturday (and yes, I know I'm all over the place...) we rode bikes....


and I took fabulous pictures....


and Tristan hitched a ride!



cutie!!

Leah is teaching Tristan a thing or two...


snuggles for me!

ding dong - he shuts his eyes, says "lemme see" then we retake then he screams "Mama, I didin cwose my eyes!!"


he had popcorn... can you tell?


we had a jump fest Saturday... it was hysterical!


Deb and Seth swimming....


Tristan helping Leah eat some of her cereal... they were instant buds


and then of course... there was a TON of giggling.


A TON!

then yesterday we were off to an indoor jumping fest - called Monkey Island and boy oh boy -= they WERE monkeys!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What a weekend adventure Tristan and I had with the Steiners!!

It was SO great to see Deb...much needed girl time and equally amazing to see our kids together.  Tristan and Leah were BFF's from the start... and by yesterday - Tristan and Seth were major buds and had a hard time saying goodbye.

Deb and I had two great dinners... one had THIS involved...


yup, I did it.... always wanted one but refused to do it until it meant something.  THAT date means more than "something" :)

I was also SO flattered yesterday.  We flew home and Tristan was fantastic.  He had a few moments where he and I had conversations about his behavior but overall, he was a sweet, respectful little man.  My bag wouldn't fit overhead (I was a pack mule... two suitcases, two carry-ons and blankie, puppy and my sweatshirt... I had my hands full) so they took it and checked it for me (for free I might add) so when we got off, I was just rolling T's suitcase and he said "Mommy, dat too hebby for you, I got it" and proceeded to take it and wheel it up the bridge.  My heart melted.

At the end, there was a lady that was quickly approaching.  She said "Excuse me, I sat in front of you on this flight (insert fear) and I just wanted to let you know that I'm a school teacher (insert more fear) and you are a PHENOMENAL mother.  The world would be a better place if parents spoke to their children the way you speak to your son.  You are kind, but firm, you are teaching him manners and he is such a polite little boy.  It was a pleasure to fly with you (insert WOW!!!!!!!!)  I couldn't believe it.  I was stunned.  I just stood there for a second and thanked HER for taking the time to wait for me and to tell me that.  As a Mom, there is NO greater gift that to complement your child AND complement your parenting.  If I were a peacock but feathers would have been spread!!!

Love you Nugg, Mommy is so proud of you.  Great with babysitters, great with new friends, great saying "Yes Ma'am" (as Daddy instructed) - best kid on the planet.

Deb, love you ... miss you and SO thankful that we took a weekend to be selfish and just be together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment